- December 8, 2020 - December 10, 2020
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
This program is restricted to plaintiff’s attorneys only.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, December 4th
Please be sure you are a monthly dues-paying member of The Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Association if you choose the NEPATLA Member ticket level. If you are not sure, please verify by contacting Paul Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations for non-members that choose this option will be canceled.
The Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Association’s in-person “Personal Injury Potpourri” has been replaced with three days of Zoom webinars focusing on personal injury practice in the age of COVID-19. Below is the schedule and registration information.
Tuesday, Dec. 8
- 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Screening and Evaluating Cases Through the Pandemic Lens – Joseph G. Price, Esq., Dougherty, Leventhal and Price, Moosic, and Melissa A. Scartelli, Esq., Scartelli Olszewski, Scranton, with David H. Fleisher, P.E., Fleisher Forensics, Ambler
- 12:15-1:30 p.m. – Using Focus Groups To Understand the Impact of the Pandemic on Your Case – Edward J. Ciarimboli, Esq., Fellerman & Ciarimboli, Kingston, and NATIONAL SPEAKER Phillip Miller, Esq., Trial Consultant, Nashville, Tenn.
Wednesday, Dec. 9
- 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Jury Selection During and After the Pandemic – Joseph A. Quinn Jr., Esq., Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, Kingston, and Jamie Anzalone, Esq., Anzalone Law Offices, Wilkes-Barre
- 12:15-1:30 p.m. (Ethics) – Views From the Bench: Civil Jury Trials in the Age of COVID-19 – Honorable Terrence R. Nealon, Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas, and Honorable Joseph F. Saporito Jr., Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania; Moderators, Joseph A. Quinn Jr., Esq., and John R. Lenahan Jr., Esq., Lenahan & Dempsey, Scranton
Thursday, Dec. 10
- 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – How To Bulletproof Your Plaintiff for Virtual Depositions – NATIONAL SPEAKER Tom Vesper, Esq., Westmoreland Vesper Quattrone & Beers, Atlantic City, N.J., with Suzanne Devine, Devine Depositions, Hummelstown, and Leah Kane, Exhibit A, Scranton
- 12:15-1:30 p.m. – Resolving Cases Through Virtual Mediations & Arbitrations – Neil T. O’Donnell, Esq., O’Donnell Law Offices, Kingston, and William F. Anzalone, Esq., Anzalone Law Offices, Wilkes-Barre, with Tom Helbig, Esq., Helbig Mediation & Arbitration, Scranton, and George Audi, Sage Settlement Consulting, Philadelphia
The day before the first webinar, you will be emailed a Zoom link to access the webinar, as well as link to download the materials.
Minimum technical requirements are access to a laptop, tablet or phone with an Internet connection. If you plan to use a mobile device or tablet, you will have to download and install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app for iPhone/iPad or Android. On a computer, go to www.zoom.us. You MUST log in to the webinar using your FIRST AND LAST NAME in order to get credits. Calling in by phone and listening will NOT be permitted because we cannot identify you.
Venue: ZOOM Webinar