April 22, 2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This program is restricted to plaintiff’s attorneys only.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 16, 2021
****** IMPORTANT ******
Please be sure you are a monthly dues-paying member of The Northeastern PA Trial Lawyers Association if you choose the NEPATLA Member ticket level. If you are not sure, please verify by contacting Paul Lyon at email@example.com. Registrations for non-members who choose this option will be canceled.
Thursday, April 22
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. – Business Interruption Insurance Claims Due to COVID – Scott B. Cooper, Esq., Schmidt Kramer, Harrisburg, and Jack Goodrich, Esq., Jack Goodrich & Associates, Pittsburgh
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. – COVID Death Cases in Nursing Homes – Kelly M. Ciravolo, Esq., and Patrick J. Doyle Jr., Esq., Anzalone Law Offices, Wilkes-Barre, with Michael E. Goldberg, CIH, CSP, Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional, Consulting Engineers & Scientists, Malvern
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. – Worker’s Compensation Claims Arising from COVID – Terrence R. Nealon Jr., Esq., McDonald & MacGregor, Scranton, and Michael A. O’Donnell, Esq., O’Donnell Law Offices, Kingston
- 10:00-10:15 a.m. – BREAK
- 10:15-10:45 a.m. – Evaluating Workplace Injuries for a Product Liability Case – Bruce S. Zero, Esq., Powell Law, Scranton
- 10:45-11:15 a.m. – Using the Defendant’s Own Words To Win Your Case – Angel Mae Webby-Zola, Esq., Zola Law Offices, West Hazleton
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. – Pleading and Proving a Bad Faith Case – Timothy G. Lenahan, Esq., and Christine S. Lezinski, Esq., Lenahan & Dempsey, Scranton
- 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. – BREAK
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. – Pursuing Liability Claims Against Property Owners – P. Timothy Kelly, Esq., Needle Law, Scranton, and Nicole M. Santo, Esq., Hourigan, Kluger & Quinn, Kingston
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. – Orchestrating Third-Party and UM/UIM Claims – Molly D. Clark, Esq., Fellerman & Ciarimboli, Kingston
- 2:45-3:15 p.m. – Punitive Damages in Personal Injury Cases – Michael J. Foley, Esq., The Foley Law Firm, Scranton
- 3:15-3:30 p.m. – BREAK
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. ETHICS – Views from the Bench: Update on Jury Trials in the Age of COVID – Honorable Joseph F. Saporito Jr., Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania; Honorable Lesa S. Gelb, Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas; and Honorable James A. Gibbons, Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas. Moderators, John A. Lenahan Jr., Esq., Lenahan & Dempsey, Scranton, and Malcolm L. MacGregor, Esq., McDonald & MacGregor, Scranton
The day before the first webinar, you will be emailed a Zoom link to access the webinar, as well as link to download the materials.
Minimum technical requirements are access to a laptop, tablet or phone with an Internet connection. If you plan to use a mobile device or tablet, you will have to download and install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app for iPhone/iPad or Android. On a computer, go to www.zoom.us. You MUST log in to the webinar using your FIRST AND LAST NAME in order to get credits. Calling in by phone and listening will NOT be permitted because we cannot identify you.
Venue: ZOOM Webinar